Conference Dates: March 22−23, 2024
Conference Format: Hybrid
Department of Music, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Deadline for Proposals: December 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT
The Music Graduate Student Organization (MGSO) at the University of Pittsburgh welcomes proposals for 20-minute paper presentations, performance demonstrations, or any combination of the two, for its 2024 Conference, Music, Time, and Space. We invite students, researchers, musicians, sound artists, and practitioners from diverse disciplines to join us in exploring the presence of time in all its manifestations and implications within the realm of music and sound studies.
We seek contributions that respond to themes including, but not limited to:
- Music and Storytelling
- Cultural Memory, Nostalgia, Reminiscence
- Media and Time
- Trans-temporal Narratives
- Spatial Resonances
- Time and Locality
- Process and Politics
- Silence and Time
- (Un)Creative Time
- Time as Method
- Tempo, Rhythm
- Music in Time
- Music and Space/place-building
- Archives and Counter Archives
- Individual Papers: Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words.
- Performance demonstrations: Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words that describes your performance and its relevance to the conference theme.
Please send your proposals in PDF format to MGSOinfo@gmail.com with the subject line “Conference 2024.” In the body of your email, please include a list of any technical requirements for your presentation and whether you intend to participate in-person or virtually.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and welcoming you to a resonant conference.
For inquiries and further information, please contact MGSOinfo@gmail.com