Announcing the AMPS 2022 Conference!
We invite you to attend a one-day virtual conference hosted by the Australian Music & Psychology Society on 28 September 2022. The event will run 10:00-17:00, AEST. The vision of this meeting is to present a cutting-edge forum for those wishing to share ideas and meet others with common interests in music and psychology research. Formal presentations will be 5-minutes in duration, presented virtually, followed by 10-minute discussion sessions between presenters and delegates. This event is being organized by a conference committee comprising AMPS Committee members.
Works at all stages are welcomed, including:
- Works in progress (e.g., PhD students, post-confirmation, reporting on work underway)
- Completed projects (e.g., sharing findings)
- Discussion/ Position papers
Call for Papers
We invite abstract submissions of 200 words or less on the following themes, although all research topics are welcomed:
- Social and applied approaches to music (including well-being)
- Music perception and cognition
- Music performance
- Musical development
To highlight outstanding research, two conference awards will be presented to (1) an undergraduate or postgraduate student and; (2) an Early Career Researcher (within 5 years of PhD conferral date or equivalent research higher degree). At the time of submission, you will be able to self-nominate for these awards. The winners will be invited to present keynotes in the afternoon of the conference.
Submission website: https://bit.ly/AMPS2022C4P
- Abstracts due 24 June 2022.
- Outcomes to be announced 8 July 2022.
- Registration due by 21 September 2022.
- Tenured/continuing position staff: $40
- Postdocs/fixed-term academics: $20
- Students (undergraduate/postgraduate): free
For any questions please contact the AMPS conference manager, Kaila Putter, at email@example.com.