Call to host SysMus23 shared by Joshua Bamford, Chair, SysMus Council
Always wanted to organise a conference? We’re currently looking for hosts for SysMus23, that will build on over a decade of conferences run by students, for students of Systematic Musicology and related disciplines. SysMus provides an opportunity for early-stage researchers to network and practise presenting their work to a friendly audience of their peers. The SysMus Council provides support and guidance to local organising committees. Examples of previous conferences can be found here.
If you’d like to host this fantastic conference, submit a short proposal to email@example.com that will cover the following:
- proposed venue
- proposed dates
- available human resources (i.e. a hosting committee, volunteers, etc.)
- demonstrate available research group resources (i.e. AV/other specialized equipment, research expertise, supervision, etc.)
- demonstrate potential financial resources
- answer to the following questions:
- What will make you a good conference director?
- Why would you like to host a SysMus conference?
Deadline for proposals is 31st of January, 2022. We look forward to receiving your proposals!